To those members of LCMM who have support me,
On Sunday 22nd June 2014 at 10.00am Nick Keur will run our firsts work shop on the electric construction in a boat.
It will be held n the shed. Feel free to join in.
- A free plan from Marine Modeling International Jan 2003 45ft Chesapeak Bay Work Boat (Pocomoko) prompted this build as a great classic work boat.
- after deciding that the boat was a bit small for my fat fingers & also not being able to make the planks I had the plan scaled up to 1in to 1ft.
- After laying the keel & bulkheads I laid some of the hull planks which proved to be a bit too much flex so I put in stringers at the same spacing I have used on a full size boat of the same construction, this worked out great so from then on all spacing & construction was as per a full size boat.
- Materials used for the hull planking was from an old pallet & the hard wood came from an old fence palling.
- Extra deck beams have also been added for the same reason as the stringers.
- Decking was next laid all DRY & covered with good masking tape this enabled the decking to be removed in one piece, put on the bench tape side down enabling it to be given a good coat of epoxy which works in between the planks & coats the inside of the deck to seal it while still wet the top side of the deck beams was also epoxy coated to stick the lot together in one go.
- Clamping the deck down was achieved by lots of strips of timber with foam on them to allow for any variation in thickness of the planks.
- After allowing a couple of days to dry all the clamping & masking tape was removed to revel a bleeding mess where the epoxy had mixed with the permanent marker from the edges of the planks, this all sanded out real easy thank goodness panic over.
- Hand / toe rails were added next this resulted in some head scratching before I came up with the strong back with pop sticks glued to it so allowing for the shape & lack of places to put on clamps.
- Dressing of the deck & cabin interior was done in the usual manner with a few tricks:- ventilators ex. Dolphin battery terminal covers with arrow blank down tubes & old micro wave mesh inside. Light shades cast in the top part of a white out bottle. Nav. & mast head lights ex. Old ball point pens with bullet casing bases. All light bulbs are 12v grain of wheat type run on 6v to give that old yellow type of light wires were replaced with old ear phone wire ( two wires in one sleeve which can be made to look like old external wiring, with no need to hide it). Fish boxes ex pop sticks, fish ex lures Gauges & wheel centre ex bullet casings the wheel centre just happens to have Winchester stamped on it!
- Propulsion: – “Dark Horse“ 700 motor with 4:1 gearbox power from a 6v 11ah jell cell to 50mm 4 blade propeller.
Saturday 24th May 2014 at 9.30am at the boat shed.
Sunday 25th May 2014 at 10.00am at the boat shed.
Please start thinking of nominations for the next committee. The AGM will be held on Sunday 6th July 2014. All positions will be available.
To the ANZACS of our club, we wish to thank you. To your friends and families, we wish to thank you. To your mates that did not return, we wish to thank you
Our service will be held on Sunday 27th starting at 10.30 for the lowering of the flag.
Please feel free to wear your service medals and those of your family members.
Please pass this information on to any members without internet access and new members if you come in contact with them.
Hello everyone. On Monday 21st April we are having a night sail. We will start sailing from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm. We will have a BBQ at a charge of $2.00 from 5.00pm to 6.00 pm. Then we will night sail from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
Can everyone please let Maria know if you think you are coming to give her a rough idea for catering.
Our next club social night is Thursday 3rd April 2014 at Peter’s. Meet there at 6.00 pm for a night of great food and lots of laughs.
Sunday 27th April 2014 will be our Anzac day service. We will post more info as the date draws closer.
|March||Sat 8||SSS Historic Ships Day, Boondall|
|Sun 30||Sunshine Coast Model Boat Club Interclub Regatta, Sippy Downs|
|April||Sat 19 / Sun 20||Canberra SubRegatta, Phillip Pool ACT – Registration form|
|May||Sat 3||Interclub Naval Day, Boondall|
|June||Sat 7||SSS Tugboats Day, Boondall|
|July||Sat 5||Model Market Day (all types) & Interclub Regatta/night run, Boondall|
|August||Tue 19||Triple “S” Annual General Meeting, Grange Baptist Church hall|
|Sat 23 / Sun 24||RMCQ Model & Hobby Exhibition|
|Sun 31||SCMBC Interclub Regatta, Sippy Downs|
|October||Sat 18||Triple “S” Members’ Dinner|
|Sun 26||Model Expo with TMAC, Tingalpa|
|November||Sat 8||Model Market Day (all types) & Interclub Regatta with Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club, Boondall|
|December||Sat 13||Triple “S” Christmas Party, Boondall|
Sunday 30th March 2014
We are invited to the Sunshine Coast Model Boat Club Inter club regatta on Sunday 30th March 2014. It is held at the Sunshine Coast University from 9.00am. Follow the blue signs to the university from the highway and then the model boat signs to the lake. A bbq lunch and refreshments will be available ( may be a small cost involved). Take a boat and have a great day.
Our once a month social night dinner will be held at Peter’s on Thursday 6th March 2014. Meet at 6.00 pm and enjoy great food, company and a good laugh.